Anyone have any advice or input on lake community safety?

I know that a lot of families with small children live in lake communities, and it so happens we've just rented a home in one. Matter of fact..60 yards from our back door is where the lake is. Can anyone give any advice on what safety measures to take to avoid any accidents both from the inside of the house and during outside play? I never let them out by themselves, but I'll be a wreck every time they go near it...I just know it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• My only advice is to just keep an eye on them and teach them to swim.
    Anonymous

• How old are your kids? My parents house that I grew up in is on a lake, they have 13 grandkids of all ages who are there very often, and there have never been any issues (except we did have a neighbor who tried to go ice skating when it was frozen and she ended up falling in - we live in NC, not smart!)

Answer by missanc at 10:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2010