How to not be jeolous of the other "woman" (his job)
My husband is a good man and provider for our family. The only problem is his career requires long hours and this is so stressful for me and I believe our son needs more daddy time. Corporate America could care less about family!!! I have talked to other wives of this career and they all complain of the same thing! So how do I handle this without losing my mind or hateing him?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband is in the military and he's gone a lot. When he's home though he makes the best of it. He takes my son to movies or car shows. He plays with both my son and my daughter a lot. He's bonded with them.

It's really difficult when a father's work takes him away from home (whether it's long hours or he's gone for months at a time...either way he doesn't see the kids much).

Try to schedule family outings when he's home (like on the weekends). Go places together that you'll all enjoy. Make sure to have family time at home too.

It's either that or he quits. And chances are he's not going to want to quit.

Answer by amethystrse at 8:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2008