What do I do he pees everywhere!

My 16 month old constantly takes off his diaper and pees on the floor. I bought him a potty and told him this is where his potty goes. He goes and sits on the potty every time i go to the bathroom but doesn't seem to want to use it. What do I do! Am I introducing it wrong is he not ready? If not what do I do about the pee he takes off all his clothes so covering up the diaper doesn't work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1. Put the diaper on backwards.
    2. Make sure he's wearing pants at all times...it makes it harder for him to get the diaper off.
    Anonymous

• I really don't know. My 2.5 year old does the same thing. The other day he stood by my couch and lifted his leg like a dog and started peeing. He knows how to use the toilet and will use it sometimes but he always pees on the floor.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My son started out that way too, I did notice he peed in the living room alot so I put the potty in there, everytime he peed on the floor he had to sit on the potty then help clean up his mess...after forever he caught on to sit on the potty, so i moved the potty farther away slowly every few days, Now he is 21 months old and he tells me potty and poop when he needs to go and I still offer every 20 minutes or so if he has to go, and the potty finally made it into the bathroom...He still pees on the floor but almost instantly says oops otty and grabs a handtowel wipes it up and runs to the bathroom...
    16 months is still early, so let him take the lead for now. every 15 minutes or so have him sit on the potty when he does finally pee in the potty make a big deal about how proud you are of him, and when he sits on the potty but no pee tell him good try maybe next time, but make it happy...when he pees on the floor have him help
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 10:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• tape worked for the stripping, mine loves to be naked, so i had to tape his daiper and made him wear a belt.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 10:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My boys used to do that. Dh said they were "marking thier territory" Ha

I would recommend taping the staps on the diaper, not all the way around though. Put pants on him. Make it hard for him to strip and whip that thing out to pee everywhere.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2010