Have any of your children ever developed a rash after a haircut in the salon?

My son has broken out, and the doctor is not sure what it is. He has the most red spots on his face, and he had his first haircut the day the rash developed. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what their rash looked like, etc. One possibility the doctor came up with was the cleaning solutions they use on the clippers/scissors.

LeeserC

Asked by LeeserC at 11:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• My son always does..he is 14. When he gets his hair cut, we have to come immediately home and he getsa a shower. He will start to itch so bad if he doesn't get a bath and get all the hair off. And, his neck will turn red. My step-mom is the same way...they are allergic to the hair that falls on them somehow.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• my mother is a hair stylists and i can asure you it would not be from the sissors themselves. the only thing they use on clippers is an oil to lubicate the blades and they may be a small irritant but unless the person just oiled them or put too much oil in them he likely would not come in contact with it. the combs and brushes are what could have possibly been the culprict because those are sanitized in a barbersol solution. also if any hair products like shampoos conditioners hairspray or mousse/gel were used that could have caused it also. other than that there no telling. just give him a good bath and some benedrayl if he is old enough.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• many people do get rashes and itch from the fallen hair because it can be small pieces that tend to poke the skin and create it to itch and turn red.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2010