Slap her

I've been wantin 2 take my almost 2 week old son outside since its been nice she keep tellin my df that im try 2 get r baby colic so I've been stuck inside. Will he catch it if I take him out

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 11:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can take you baby out if you want, its your baby, just put a cover over the car seat and dont let people get close to him, makes sure he dreesed for weather/.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Not sure what you're talking about at all honestly. But what I did get is colic and outside and a baby can't get colic from being outside...if that's what you meant.
    Anonymous

• i thought babies are born with colic.. i didnt know you could catch it?
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yea. i'll let people know to stfu
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Take him out during the day, not at night. Night air isn't good for little babies and if there is a breeze, keep a hat and socks on him.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Colic has NOTHING to do with going outside. My son had colic and his dr said that it is just something that some babies have. Its not like a cold your child can't catch it from another baby who has it or from being outside. The only thing you should worry about is weather she's dressed according to weather and is getting wind in her face as it can take away her breath. But I say take her outside fresh air is good for everyone, including babies.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 11:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• At the end of my last post that was supposed to say "isn't getting wind in her face" lol sorry bout that
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 11:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 11:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Your baby cannot get colic from being outside. What you do need to worry about is if it's windy he could gulp down air which will make him gassy and fussy - which could lead some people to think he's gotten colic. Just dress him appropriately for the weather and keep him out of direct sunlight and wind.

I had my boys out all the time at all sorts of places from the day we brought them home from the hospital - and none of them were colicy at all. I'd have gone crazy if I'd been stuck in the house all the time. Go out and show that baby off!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• A baby doesn't catch colic. They are born with it. My middle one had it. My other two didn't. I have taken all of my babies outside when they are just a couple of days old.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010