At what age did you introduce whole milk?

I know they say at one year but I give my dd yo baby yogurt and that had whole milk so I wonder if whole milk is okay for a drink. She's 10 months old and breastfed.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's only breastfed and no formula you might want to hold off as it's going to be harder on her stomach. But in a month or so you can probably get away with introducing it. A little whole milk and the rest breastmilk and very gradually increase the amount.
    Anonymous

• You should wait till she is a year old becauce babie may have a slight allery to milk and that allergie usually resolves by the time they become a year... they can get prety sick if their bodys are not use to the milk yet!!!
    Anonymous

• We started small amounts around 11 months so that he was used to the taste. I think it would be fine to do small amounts if she is primarily breastfed. The main reason that they say no milk before a year is because it's not the right nutrition that a child needs and it's more difficult to digest (yogurt and cheese are eaiser to digest because they are partially broken down)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i gave it to her at 11.5 months, but just very tiny lil sips a couple times a day...and then at a year i mixed half with formula for a few days, and then just all milk
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I gave it to my son at 14 months. He was on soy formula at a month old after I nursed him for the month. I didn't give him any milk products before than.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I breast fed my son till he was 13 months and then put him on formula, personal decision but he refused to take whole milk till he was close to two and hes three now and will only drink it warm. He gags if I give it to him cold but I dont care as long as he drinks it.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Never, he switched to fat free milk at 7 months. We don't do whole milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I gave her whole milk when she was 1yr exactly.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• One year is really best.
    Anonymous

• Tried at 12 months she didn't like it I kept giving her formula the next step Go and Grow till she was 20 months and then tried milk again and she loves it now.
    Anonymous