reflux concern in my almost 3 month old

my dd will be 3 mths on monday..she was throwin up all day everyday from the day she was born till about 2 weeks ago when i changed her doctor and the new one changed her formula for me...she is now on nutramagen (sorry bout spelling)..we put cereal in her bottles to thicken it up and she is on prevacid for reflux too...she never lays down shes just about always sitting up...even when she sleeps at night her bed is elevated to where shes pretty much sitting.....she isnt throwin up all day anymore but shes still throwing up a decent amount after she eats....doc did an upper gi to check to make sure everything was okay and it was.....we tried feeding her smaller amounts more often but all she did was cry all day because she was used to eating more at a time and was always hungry bc what she did eat she threw most of it up.....is there anything else i can do or do i just have to wait it out and see when she grows out of it???

maddie12284

Asked by maddie12284 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same thing happen with my baby he actually choked when he was a month old you ae doing everything right and i know what you mean about not being able to cut back the feeding.... We told our doctor the medicen was not working andthey gave us a higher dose and even a new med when she has a reflux fit water helps and you can even give tylenol. i would talk to your docotor and whenyou are with her let her sleep on her belly while you hold her good luck it hits its worse at 4 to 5 months and comes down from their! it will get better
    Anonymous

• I just wanted to ask, is it projectile vomiting? Like shooting out? My daughter had this, but when I spoke to the doctor I didnt mention it was projectile and apparently they thought she could have had pyloric stenosis. Def. something to get checked out. My daughter is on Prevacid.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 12:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Ask for a referral to a pediatric Gastroenterologist. It's always good to get the specialist's opinion. My son was not as bad as your LO, but we went to the pedi GI, and he was put on Axid for most of his first year. Prevacid is a different class of medication then Axit, it works by shutting off some of the pumps that produce acid and is usually prescribed for worse cases, which is why my son was not on it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No pressure, but also, if you're open to try nursing, breast milk can help soothe the burn. Just an FYI. If interested, just ask and I can advise you on how to begin nursing. If not interested, ignore this response.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• my daughter has that, she has a medicine and she wouldnt take it so i had them add grape flavor now that helps some, the cereal in the bottle does help alot. i recommend usen a bobby pillow for them to sleep on keeps them on a 45 angel and lets the food digest. my doc also told me its okay if they spit up as long as they took the medicine, that it wouldnt hurt its make them a hapy spitting up baby
    Anonymous