Don't know how to answer her.

hii everyone
i have a problem i just have to find out tonight. my cousin told me that she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend and she's afraid that she's not going to get her period. i dont kno how to answer her or give her a advice. She told me the last time she got her period was march 10th (the first day of her period) 2010, and it comes every 23 days and she had sex the 29th. im not too sure if she can get pregnant and she's too afraid to go to the doctor.
please help me to get this all in one case, she's my baby cousin and she needs mee.

babykiss

Asked by babykiss at 11:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If she wont go to the doctor all you can do is wait it out and see if she misses is.. or try an early detection pregnancy test like EPT
    Anonymous

• Yeah if she wont go to the doctor the pregnancy test might not be accurate right, so theres nothing you can do. Blood test is the only way to know.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• if she is 17 she can go to the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist and ask for PLAN b. it is NOT the abortion pill/ it will NOT help if she is already pregnant. but it will make the lining of the uterus less friendly therefore it would b less likely to allow implantation of the sperm and ovum so she would b less likely to became pregnant. i repeat it will not help if she is already pregnant and there is a time limit after unprotected sex for it to be effective. it is one tablet and it has some side effects. i would b sure to read the package carefully and follow the directions to the letter. this is not a great birth control method . it is meant to b used after a failed condom or foe hopefully the occassional time when our emotions overcome good sense. of course it will do nothing to help with the chance of exposure to hiv, so i would tell her that she should always get the guy to use a condom but thats just me.gl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010