On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures;. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father

where was Jesus these first three days? Did he die on Thursday? Rise on Sunday and rise again on Wednesday? Where was he in this time?

If the third day is Easter Sunday when was the first time he rose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The apostles creed says : He descended into hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• THE APOSTLE'S CREED I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• http://www.gotquestions.org/where-was-Jesus.html
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• what did Jesus do in hell for three days?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't really understand your question or why it is of any issue. It sounds like a mocking. If not though can you please reatae it a little more clearly.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• there is no mocking hot mama. Please leave the question if you find it disrespectful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

I don't necessarily I was curios because when my dh and I debate and he is pinned against the wall he uses a similar question as a mock. I was asking before I answer. Anna is correct though I don't remember why he went there. So I am sorry if I interpreted your question incorrectly. I will look into why and post it it if I find it. Good luck in your quest to understanding.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Here is the apostle creed
    I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth;
    And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord;
    He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit,
    and born of the Virgin Mary,
    He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried.
    He descended to the dead. [in older translations, “He descended into hell” ]
    On the third day He rose again.
    He ascended into heaven,
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. AMEN.
    —The Apostles Creed
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

1 Peter 3:18-19
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.
    By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 1 Pet 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    1 Pet 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

It appears he went there to preach to the spirits I hope this helps you. GOOD LUCK
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2010