(Christians) What do you think about organ donations? Can you tell me if the bible is part of your choice?

I just renewed my D.L. and the organ donor question came up again. I don't think too much about this question, but then I wonder if we are going against God? I would really like opinions from other bible following Christians if you would be so kind to allow that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not an organ donator, but not for religious reasons. I have trust issues with doctor's not saving patients in order to harvest their organs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i don't think JW can even donate blood, but i'm not sure about regular by the book christians. I consider myself christian because i believe in a heavenly father & jesus christ, but i don't go to church every sunday. but i know that when i die, i would love for all my organs to be donated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm an organ donor. I think it is very honourable, but don't think any less of people who aren't it is their choice.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• When you say Bible-believing, do you mean literalist? I believe in the Bible but not in a literal interpretation as in six days to create the Earth....I think "six days" is the only way we small-minded humans can "get" God because He is just too huge for us to really comprehend.

I have ALWAYS had an organ donor card. I think that it is the ultimate fulfillment of Luke 6:31...do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I believe in the bible in ALL aspects. I am an organ donor; I did it out of personal humanitarian conviction not biblical.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm an organ donor. I me I feel what better gift can a Christian give then the gift of life to someone else.

Right now my neighbor is on the donor list for lungs. She was perfectly healthy until a year ago, she never smoked, a virus attacked the lining of her lungs, She has two young children. If I don't need my organs anymore, I really want someone else to make use of them.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm an organ donor as well. I believe that God gave me the organs that keep me alive, and when I'm done with them I should return the favor by passing them on to someone who needs them. I won't need them anymore, why would I not give them to someone who does?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm not an organ donor. And like anon :13 I have trust issues with the doctors looking at me as a harvestable item instead of saving my skin. But if I'm dead, my family knows what I want done. I've left it up to them what happens if they want to donate or not. It's not like I'm going to be needing this body anyway.

Back when I was a Christian, the bible had no influence on this. I've heard plenty of bad bible based ideas on why not to be a donor. Everything from you need the whole body to be resurrected to you don't spill the blood of life even to save a life, the whole thing about cutting into the body. But the way I look at it is the biblical God, did a organ transplant when he transferred a rib from Adam to make Eve. Wait. Sorry, he did cloning but with a twist. Either way, body tissues are transferable because He did it first. :)

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2010