Does sex really help bring on labor?

Has this actually been found to be true? Did it work for you and if so how far along were you>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yea
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• that's what i heard.. but i'm not sure either. i heard that that semen helps thin the cervix. maybe that's what it is.. idk. =P i'm just as curious as you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My cervix thinned out really fast from having sex. Its was at 95% when they first checked me and DH stopped having sex so I wouldnt go into labor with DS at 36 weeks. Now with this pregnancy we have stopped having sex because it starts my contractions and Im only 35 weeks. So I would say yes it does, but you have to have an orgasam because it makes your stomach contract..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Also the contents of semen, the hormaones i would guess, have an effect on the cervical tissue and help it to thin out, which can help to start labor.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• yes the sperm thins out the cervix
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Thats what they say but my sister tried when she was 40 weeks pregnant. Like they had sex 4 or 5 times a day and it did nothing. It really depends on you.And I dont think it can really cause labor unless your ready to go into labor otherwise they would tell you not to have sex before you are to term. Nipple stimulation is also suppossed to help.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Who cares, gives you something fun to do at the end of pregnancy:)
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2010