do you know of any good books to read?

what is it about?
i really need a book to read can you help me pick one

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have heard the twilight books are wonderful. Im going to start buying them for myself here pretty soon. People even say there better then the movie which I find hard to beat but doesnt hurt to read the storys. Im sure you already know what there about lol
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well it really just depends on what you like. But if you like stephen king or authors like him then I suggest reading Duma Key by stephen king. It is BY FAR the best book I have read.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I actually read the Mackenzie Philips book and couldn't put it down for the first 4 hours.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My favorite authors are Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series), Elizabeth Haydon (Symphony of Ages series), Jacqueline Carey (Dunno the name of the series but it starts with Kushiel's Dart), Brent Weeks (Night Angel trilogy). I also read a lot of non-fiction, mostly about pregnancy and birth lol. Immaculate Deception by Suzanne Arms and Your Best Birth by Rikki Lake are good, and Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick-Read is a good one too. But most women don't read those things when they aren't themselves pregnant lol, I'm just an odd ball.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I love books theres so many
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Ati my DH is a HUGE Terry goodkind fan, its not my thing but he loves the sword of truth series.

OP it really depends what you are into, personally when it comes to vampires I prefer the Authors who busted their rears writting good books with deep plots and had to fight to get them published and paved the road and created a market for people to write things lke the twilight series. If you want good vampire were animals look into Laurell K Hamilton & Anne Rice, Laurell is still writting books for both her series I am reading her newest one now.

I also tend to pick up books on varied subjects anything from history to gardening to autism, I have many interest and I can sepnd hours in the library picking out books.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Terry Goodkind Sword of truth series and Stephanie Meyers Twilight series are my favorite.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The Black Magician Triology by Trudi Canavan is really good. Any of the Kay Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell are good. Someone mentioned Stephen King. His latest, The Dome starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down.

Depends on your taste but the Dexter books are AWESOME!!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm reading The Book of Negros by Lawrence Hill and can't put it down. It's the story of a woman who was stolen from her village in African and sold into slavery in SC. It follows her through her experiences as she goes from Africa to the US, back to Africa and finally to London. It is really fascinating, an amazing story.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I just googled Lawrence Hill and found out that The Book of Negros was titled Someone Knows My Name in the US. Why it has a different title in the US, Australia and New Zealand I don't know, but if you want to read it you'll need to know the American title.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2010