Did you have pregnancy insomnia when you were pregnant?

If so, how long would you stay up? Did it drive you crazy? What was your "routine?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it didnt start though till I was in the middle of my third trimester and I find my self not being able to sleep till about 2am and then I wake up around 10am with my son and then we nap for a couple of hrs around 2. Then it starts all over again but Im having a really hard time with this pregnancy, I never remember being this uncomfortable and in so much pain with my first pregnancy. Im almost 37 weeks so I hope its closing time soon.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It was crazy for me, I was up every two hours...like my body was getting ready to do feedings for the baby...you know? I guess it gave me a heads up for what was about to happen! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes, after about 6 1/2 months (I was jetlagged, which didn't help!). I had restless leg syndrome, that's why I couldn't sleep. After a few weeks I discovered drinking some milk before goign to bed really helped. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Oh yeah. I feel like im up all night! Im 39 weeks now but it started when I was about 34.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm an insomniac anyway to begin with - and pregnancy just exacerbates it.

About 10 I take a sleep aid. Fall asleep by 11, sleep for 2-3 hours (get up to use the restroom), sleep for another hour (maybe bathroom again), then wake up every 10-20 minutes from my normal insomnia causes, or the aching and discomfort of pregnancy. Maybe one more bathroom break in the mix until 6-7 am when my daughter wakes up.

I've had insomnia to varying degrees of intensity for about 8 years now, I'm kind of used to it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 4am is my wake up time when I'm pregnant. Don't know why. I'll usually stay up for an hour or too and then fall back to sleep. DRIVES ME NUTS!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2010