toddler room (boy)

We are having another baby, and wanting to move our toddler boy to his own big boy room..the big boy room is a start from nothing room, walls need to be painted new carpet put in which is light tan color. I cant for the life of me figure out what color to paint, I know i want one half of a wall chalk board paint. heres a few ideas I have, paint it all white except the chalk board, so I can do any theme and the room can grow with him, or paint it bright green and blue with the chalk board...if you could be as creative as possible what would you do for a small 2 year old boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sons room is a light blue. We are going to re paint it when he is 3 and do the bottom half white and then dip his hands in paint and put his hand prints all over the bottom half in different colors..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I have hard wood floors and my 2yr olds walls are a light chocolate brown. Depending on what decor you are going with a nice blue would go well with the tan carpet.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• my 2 yo son room has all white walls, an i jus decorated it with his fav characters. like thomas the tank engine an spongebob. u can take them down when he gets too old for them, an put up something new an more age appropriate. if i hada chance, i would have painted it like a light gray color or mint green-but i dont want to have to repaint it every time it gets played out
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My son's room has light tan carpet and we did a beach scene mural over one whole wall. The rest of the walls are the base color of the sand (the sand is a light brown with a darker brown sponged over it). Every six months we dip his feet in really dark brown paint and do a couple footprints on the sand as a "growth chart".

Of course, after all that hard work, he could care less about the beach, fish, etc--all he cares about is cars!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2010