Is anyone here on Implanon (the birth control rod that goes in your arm)?

I've had mine for about 8 months now and I have crazy periods. I'll sometimes miss a month but then when I do start it is VERY heavy and lasts about 2 months. And if I have sex within a week of being off my period I'll start again and it will last about a week. But I'm just wondering if anyone is having the same problem with it and if not how DOES it effect you?

momluvsmiles

Asked by momluvsmiles at 12:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Health

• I have had mine for 2 years now, and after a while my periods are few and far apart. I spot sometimes, but rarely. I work at a clinic though, and that is a pretty common thing for it to be either very frequent or very far apart. I personally love it, but coud see why that would annoy some people not having a realiable schedule.
    haberdasher

Answer by haberdasher at 6:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I dont have Implanon but I had Norplant and had crazy periods, heavy and then just spotted the entire 5 years I had them in. Looking back, I should have had them removed and gone with an IUD.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2010