Could this be related to sciatic nerve pain?

When i was at my last doctor's appointment they had mention that according to what i have recently experiancing in my right leg, tingly, and pain right under my buttocks on my right leg was due to sciatic nerve pain from the position of the baby. Today i had errands to run with my 1 year old and now that im home and resting i find that my right ankle hurts really bad... im wondering if it has a connection to the sciatic pain or maybe i was jus walking to much? (29weeks 5 days pregnant)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probably not but of course it could b, especially being on the same side. u would b more likely to hv sore joints when carrying around extra weight so it could b an issue all to itself and due to that, try to stay off your feet and elavate them whenever u can. i know i know==do the best u can and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm thinking it's doubtful that it would effect just your ankle. It's probably a combination of running errands, being a mother of a 1 yr old, having a baby laying more on your right side, and the hormone relaxin that is released during pregnancy. It relaxes your joints, and can cause some discomfort and pain. Try to take breaks to rest with your feet up when you feel sore (I know, easier said than done). Wear comfortable, supportive shoes, and if it's bad enough, you can always take Tylenol.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2010