If you were going to a bar-b-q and the host said to bring your own meat would you expect

that the host would have other food to eat?
My sister went to my ex's house for a bar-b-q and he said to bring her own meat....she said he had nothing for anyone! there were 12 guests there and he works at a grocery store no less and yet he had NOTHING to offer...so everybody just ate the meat they brought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Wow. We've been invited to bbq/potlucks like that, but it was 'bring a salad/side to share, and your own meat for the grill", and we've also been invited to "bring your own meat to grill and your table service, everything else is provided" (table service being plates, silverware, glasses, they had buns, drinks, salads, the works, including dessert). That's messed up. He probably figured everyone would assume he meant to bring sides to share too. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Thats kinda tacky I think.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Thats odd and yes tacky. He shouldn't have had a bbq at all! We have actually been broke and wanted friends over so we told them they could come over and put any meat they had on the grill. But I'm sure I at least had some salad, baked beans and chips to offer!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• sounds as if he was a terrible host LOL!!
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 3:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I would never go to his BBQ again. He sounds cheap.

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• cheap and tacky, decline all future invitations to dinner at their house. it sounds to me like they were hungry and out of money and groceries.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes, he just didn't know what he was doing, and then didn't know how to fix the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If I had to bring my own meat I would just do the barbque at home for just our family.  That is tacky.

Anonymous

• LMAO--what jewjewbee said.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2010