How did you tell your husband you were pregnant?

How did you tell your husband you were pregnant? Any creative or unique you told him?

sunkisses4u

Asked by sunkisses4u at 2:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the first time I was to shocked to tell him so my mom did it LOL
    the second time I was so excited I called him at work and told him he had to come home then i told him (I miscarried this baby)
    the third time I was so affraid I would lose the baby that when he go home from work I handed him the test crying.
    the fourth time he told me I was pregnant, I did not think so so i took the test and came out and handed it to him and all he could do was smile HAHA
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I called him at work crying because I was sooo scared screaming "omg omg i don't want it, i can't do this!" lol but it's ok now.. at 35 weeks pregnant :) He was excited from the start!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well we had been having unprotected sex and were kinda just waiting for it to happen even though we werent really trying to have a baby. He left for a field op and right before I told him I might be pregnant cuz I was a day late. He said not to take a test until he got home four days later. I never started while he was gone and had really bad cramping so when he got home I told him I thought I was having a miscarriage. So we took a test and it was positive we both were looking when the test was finished so i didnt really have to tell him.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 2:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• when i was pg with my first child i told my husband that we needed to go car shopping he said "why we just got a nice little car we are not getting a new car" i told him smiling "cause the car isn't big enough" he said "it's just fine for us" then i sat in his lap on the couch an said "cause it doesn't fit a car seat that we are gonna be needing by june" .
    he kinda just stared at me for like five minutes an then said "a baby...omg". i think he was more freaked out at the thought then i was but now our baby is 2 years old an running around
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We lost two prior, so I didn't want to tell him, the first time I was training for fitness model and was on all these crazy fat burning pills & on a crazy diet, doing 20 miles of cardio a day Well I fall of the stairmaster ,end up in the hospital where I'm told I had a miscarriage, it was heartbreaking because due to many issues I'd been told I couldn't have kids, So I really felt bad & guilty for treating my body that way while pregnant, but I didn't know of course, I hated training after that. Second time they were trying to figure out some medical issues etc & say "Congrats you're pregnant", my urine & blood came up positive, but a wk later there was nothing on the ultrasound, I didn't know what to believe, had I been pregnant or was is just crazy hormone levels spiking the urine & blood? I was really disappointed. By the 3rd time we didn't believe it until we saw baby on ultrasound, we both cried. Thats it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I went to Target and got a "we're expecting" greeting card. Got a gift bag and two bibs...one in blue that said "I love my daddy" and one in pink. I put the positive pee stick in a clear sandwich bag and put it all in the gift bag. When he got home from work I gave him his gift!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was in shock and had to sit, so I went into the bedroom and sat on the bed. He was working 2nd shift and still asleep, but it woke him up when I sat down. I didn't say a word, just flashed the test at him. He rolled over to go back to sleep, then after about a minute it sank in and he shot straight out of bed. I actually feel kind of bad about that, I would rather have told him in some cutesy way, but I hadn't even processed what I was looking at.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I just handed him the test and he said the cutest thing ever "plus means you're not pregnant, right" :-). I just grinned and gave him that "no, dumdum" look. After that he said "I need a beer" :-) He was 31 at the time and had no other children. He didn't even think that he could have kids, so it was kinda a shock.
    The second time I just walked out and said "Rylie is going to be a big brother". He lit up all over. :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We had been trying for over a year and our doctor had basically told us that it was close to impossible for us to have a baby on our own. So we quit trying and I started to try to lose weight to get healthier (since the year had made me a bit stressed and I put on pounds added to the weight I put on when I quit smoking). Anyway, I realized one day that I was 5 days late and my boobs were a bit sore. I thought that was odd and decided to take a pregnancy test the next morning, just so I wouldn't stress about it. Around 7am I took the test and was just in the bathroom waiting for it, not really expecting anything when all of a sudden that second line came up. I looked at myself in the mirror and almost screamed! I ran into the bedroom and told him to turn on the light and asked him if he saw the second line too. He did! He was so excited :) Our 7 year old thought we were nuts though!
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 8:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The first time, I had sparkling cider and wine glasses set out on the coffee table waiting for him. He didn't seem to take it so well. I was actually very disappointed with how he took it. The second time, I taped a card to the door for him to find and read when he came home. That one went much better. He had time to process the information and be happy about it when he came face to face with me. I liked that reaction much better.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2010