Making a batch of formula

How would I go about making a batch of formula for the day? Would I just do it like I would a bottle, just make the amount she would eat that day or is there a different way of doing it?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• making a batch of formula isnt safe..i found the best/easiest way was to boil the water, fill the bottles with water, then keep the bottles in the fridge...when ya need one, grab it outta the fridge, warm the water, add the scoop of formula, shake, and bam, youre done!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree with alexis, don't make the formula until you're ready for it. Or get the cans of the liquid (which is what I did)
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 3:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If you kid goes to daycare you HAVE to make them for the day.....and it is absolutly fine!

I boiled the water and then filled 4 or 5 bottles with the water, added te formula and shook it up. Put them in the fridge.
    Use them with in I think 24 hours of making them and all is well. :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

why owuld you have to refridgerate the water???
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Why isn't it safe? I know a lot of moms who use a quick stir pitcher, like pampered chef makes, and they keep the pitcher in the fridge with enough formula for the day.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It's fine to make it in a batch. I have a 1 gallon container that has a pour spout and is made for making drinks in. If you use Similac it has directions right on the can for how to made a batch. I did it with my first and am now doing it with my second. I use boiled, cooled water and make the formula. I pour it into the bottles and put those in the fridge. I don't have to make bottles all day or even add the powder to bottles all day.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• You can make it ahead and it is good in the fridge for up to 24 hours. There is a video here that shows you how to make up a bigger batch: http://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/article.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Feeding/Enf_Feeding_Guide/preparingbottle&iwpst=B2C&ls=0&csred=1&r=3447587885

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Wildflower: i don't use similac and I didnt see if enfamil had a how to. Maggiemom: thanks a bunch I will take a look. The rest thanks for posting!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2010