I am a former cutter and really fighting the uerge do do it....

Please remind me how stupid it is. I haven't done it in so long and right now am only seeing the plus side.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok time to pull out the ice cream and lets talk. Hot-Mama its not worth it. I agree that you could get a disease or hit a major vein. You know we are here if you need to talk.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Then lets look at the downside. You can contract a blood disorder. You could accidentally cut too deep or too much. I am sure you don't want your children to walk in on you hurting yourself. You must be in some sort of pain to feel like you want to cut yourself right now. Whats going on that you feel the need to cut?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I am not judging you. I understand how it feels when things happen that are out of our control and yet it affects our lives anyway. Like my dh possibly loosing a job soon. I don't want to move again because for once I feel I am at home where we are. But looks like I have to come out of my comfort zone and deal with it. Trust me I am not one to judge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry you go through that urge. I won't pretend to understand it but looking from the outside its just not worth it. I agree with anon...its incredibly dangerous to do especially for a mother. I know you've done it before and you probably feel like it can't cause any real harm but all it takes is one major vein. I would find another way to release my tension, stress or depression.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well dh just got done telling me how horible of a person I am and I just started new psych meds so not a good time, I just hate myself so much I always do I dob't him to tell me how horible I am I already know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The sad thing is I know what it can do I help cutters all the time I just remember how it made the pain go away.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• You're not horrible and just because he says it doesnt make it true. I know he's your husband and his word feels like the world to you. But men like him are verbally abusive and you can't believe a word they say.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I do need to talk I really do I don't want to cut I know it's not good it just use to make me feel so much better
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Men. Gosh....got'ta love em but sometimes I want to pinch the snot out of them too. LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I've always felt Im horible So him saying it just makes it hurt so much worse
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010