can i start giving my 6 month old the graduate puffs?

my daughter is very independant and likes new things, i was wondering if it is too early to give her the graduate puffs even though she is 6 months old and has no teeth

Kayliesmommy91

Asked by Kayliesmommy91 at 6:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ps....mine is 8 months and still has no teeth lol. They kinda melt and teach them to use their gums to mash things. It helps with teething too :)
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Being independant isn't going to keep her from choking.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I started when my son was like 7 months, giving him one at a time to see what he would do with it.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• They melt pretty quickly so if she's supervised, I don't see a problem with it.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Those puffs are junk food. I never gave them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i give mine those yogurt melts by gerber, i made dh try them first, they melt as soon as they hit your tongue and she loves them, i have been curious about the puffs to thugh, maybe i will have dh try those too
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I would do the yogurt melts first then whenever she becomes more experienced with mashing foods, i'd go to the puffs.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 4:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I started with the baby mum mums at 7 months or a little before. They are easier to grab and put in their mouths. I went to puffs at about 7.5 months and he loves them. The yogurt melts were the first I actually tried, but the last he really ate bc it took him a week or so to figure out he had to open his fist to eat them lol.

Feeding them finger foods goes more bu development than age. Go to gerbers website and see what it says for your babys development.

Try them if you want, but (DUH) never leave the baby unattended while eating them. Even older babies can choke sometimes. My neice choked on a blueberry at 18 months and I talked to my doctor asap about what do do if my baby ever chokes on something. Once your baby starts finger foods regardless of age you should know what to do if they choke.

She said 5 firm slaps to the back while the baby is on its stomach over your legs. Just good info it have.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2010