Are ear infections and eczema side effects of baby's vaccines?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anon :13 : there is no vaccine for TB. Just a skin test to see if you've been exposed.

Op: I think it can go either way. My middle DD has horrible ear infections from her first set of vaccines (2 months) to the time she was a year old when she stopped getting so many. No problems from my oldest, and none from my youngest (who isn't vaxxed anyway). Ear pain, and all kinds of skin problems are reported in VAERS (http://vaers.hhs.gov/data/data/) however wether or not it's actually an ear infection or eczema is unclear. It could be an issue with reporting, or interpreting the data, or it could mean that it's not specific enough to determine. It's always important to remember that TONS of adverse reactions go unreported. TONS. You also have to take into consideration the lifestyle the parents have. There are lots of exposures that can cause these ailments in children.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• nope
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Eczema is autoimmune and some believe that all autoimmune diseases could be side effects of artificially assaulting the immune system. That being said my daughter who has had no vaccines (except hep b at the hospital without my consent) has slight eczema, but so do I and my mother and grandmother and my aunt (she is severe). Eczema is also genetic. I have never seen any studies linking ear infections to vaccines, but have seen studies linking them to formula feeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No. probably not
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• my son had eczema and ear infections when he was a baby. his ped. told us that often babies who have eczema will also have problems with allergies is the future...guess what...my son is allergic to damn near everything.

I also read in some magazine that mothers who have allergies and who deliver c-section are 80% likely to have a baby that has severe allergy problems....guess what, I delivered csection and i have had some allergy probs. My allergy problems are nothing compared to my sons though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i know what i told you has nothing to do with your question but just thought i would share.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It isn't listed on the package inserts I've read.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• To all the posters thank you for your comments. op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Um No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2010