I need some advice!!

I have a teaching job that I LOVE. I teach in a low income part of town and the kids and parents are WONDERFUL, the problem is the pay is very low and I struggle financially. The schools is the suburbs pay much more but I'm not sure that I want to deal with all the "entitled" families and children. So my question is- do I sacrifce job happyness for more financial security??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would stay where you are. Not many people are lucky enough to have a job they love. You're just going to have to be more frugal.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Is there something you could do on the side to make more money? Tutoring maybe?
    BlooBird

• I agree with BlooBird. I know we have tons of moms on our team that have other jobs but do their business on the side to earn extra income so they can still do what they love :-)

I'm sure you are such a great impact on hem and they might not be so fortunate with your replacement. Follow your heart :-)

God Bless Girl!

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• After you struggle financially long enough it'll eat away at your job satisfaction. How do you know the kids in the suburbs will feel entitled? That's a stereotypee. Just because you live in the surburbs doesn't mean you have a great income and money in the bank. The recession has hurt middle America the hardest. There has been more than one news story on people who consider themselves middle class who are visiting soup kitchens. Long story short, until you visit one of these schools, you don't know what it's like.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• There are lots of different kinds of neighborhoods. There are also private schools. It would be worth your effort to find out your options rather than limit yourself based on a sterotype.
    Anonymous

• I think if you truly love your job and don't want to leave you should look into a part time job, or work from home business. I sell Avon along w/ my other work and it has paid alot of bills.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 5:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2010