Interesting......Junk Science ? Are you guilty of believing?

Do you know what Dihydrogen monoxide is? John Stossel went out to the general public and asked people if they would sign a petition to ban this substance and was very successful. He told them things about it that were half truths and misconceptions and they signed right up.
This is what happens so often when these supposed to be "experts" tell you what they want you to hear and you take their "expertise" at face value. This is how many of the climate fallacies were spread around. Are you guilty of believing in Junk Science?

By the way, Dihydrogen Monoxide is WATER in case you didn't know.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, not guilty here.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• All this scientific talk is making me THIRSTY!!! LOl :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• That is funny. I like John Stossel.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well, it IS pretty darn dangerous. It can kill you if it's inhaled, which is one of the leading causes of death in small children. Oh noes!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• lol. It reminds me of a similar thing. I forget who did it, but they were getting women to sign a petition to "end women's suffrage." They wanted to see how many people even knew what it was. They got one woman to help them. One old man refused. Suffrage = women's right to vote.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 11:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Oh and I knew it was water. A guy I work with is a Chemistry major and has made that joke many times. :)
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 11:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• There was a college that did a study on this type of thing and they used "water" as well. It is amazing what people will fall for. Speaking of water..I need to hit the shower pretty soon!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Penn & Teller did that on an episode of Bullshit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• yeah put this one right up there with "I didn't evolve from apes" agrument...gotta love people agruing for nonsense and half truths.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was going to say.......LOL...H2O. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2010