what kinda dogs have these characteristics . .

im trying to do some research as to what kinda dog my boarder collie is mixed with- hes got the regular boarder collie look escept that. .
he has a curly tail, his heads kinda fluffy and really soft, he has a strip of hair down his back thats wavy and super shiny, shinier than the rest of this coat.
i love my sam no matter what. just trying to see wha the might be mixed with.

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 9:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pets

• Wow. Ok... may we see a pic? I'm thinking more along the lines of Aussie, that's what I've got, a border collie/australian shepherd mix. You can see pics of her on my page.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• They can actually do a DNA test by mail to find out.
    http://www.dog-dna.com/
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I had a pomeranian that had the shiny strip down his back (like that hair was finer than the rest) it wasn't wavy though, and his tail was curly (not the hair it just curved up).
    I don't know though, there are many dogs that could fit that, maybe just a mix of a lot of dogs. Mutts (I don't mean that disrespectfully) make the BEST dogs.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Someone would really pay a hundred to find out what kind of mutt they had? rofl, AKC doesn't even charge that much their DNA stud registries. Anyway, would be much more helpful to see a picture of the dog if possible.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• To me it sounds like he might have a little chow chow in him. Not saying that's what it is but with what you described it reminded me of the chow chows we used to have.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Sounds like Chow to me. Any black on the tongue?
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 5:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2010