Is there anything fun to do in Washington DC? My husband wants to drive down there for a long weekend, it's about a 8 hour drive.

To me just seeing the capitol and the white house isn't a big deal, is there anything else to do. My kids are ages 8, 14 and 17.

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• there is so much to do in D.C. i was there for a day and a half and i did so much i couldn;t imagine having a whole weekend. arlington the changing of the guards is amazing, just seeing the whitehouse and everything is just so great. oh i never went in the buildings but the museums are great i hear. alot of historical stuff. enjoy.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• HOLT HECK lady.... there is soooooooo much to do that you need days and days. And your kids are the perfect ages!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I live in so. cal. 3 miles from the beach and would LOVE to spend my vacation in DC!!! There is so much to do there. Get on line and start looking at all there is.
    Anonymous

• You're kidding, right??

All the Smithsonian museums alone could fill a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• museums bore me, its there anything else to do besides museums and memorials
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• There are Museums and zoos and lots of shops!!! And if you go as far as Washington Dc you should go a little further to Baltimore MD and go to the Aquarium...that IS amazing!!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 3:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Go to mall that is where they have all the museums and they are great, not boring.

Make sure you have a street map, very important!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2010