How do you know what religion??

Since there are 65487493 different religions, what happens if say the Jewish religion is the correct religion? Does that mean everyone who believed something different, like Christianity will go to hell since we were not Jewish? It's impossible to know what religion is the correct religion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I think every religion has some truth to it. They are all just as right as they are wrong. Oh and Jewish faith doesn't believe in hell, as far as I know
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Just for the record, i don't think the Jewish religion believes in hell so if it is the one true religion we will not all go to hell.

I agree with the above poster. I am Catholic, but I think we will find we are all right and we will all what believe is correct to happen at our death. Example, Catholics will find purgatory, JW will find the earth as theirs, Wiccans will be reincarnated and atheist will find nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• You don't. That's why Pascal's Wager is invalid. Every religion has it's good points, but I don't believe any of them are the right one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree with the pp - I believe that all religions contain truth and offer a way to relate to and understand the Divine. But if it turned out that one religion really was right over the rest, I doubt there would be many people sentenced to hell just because they believe differently - from what I know of most other religions, Christianity is one of the only ones who claim you MUST be a Christian to go to heaven. The others, even Islam or Judaism, for instance, say there is a chance that those outside the faith can find favor with God - even though some interpretations of Judaism don't support belief in an afterlife or in hell... And most religions other than the Abrahamic don't believe in Hell the same way Christians do anyway. Like Hinduism and Buddhism believe in reincarnation, and if hell is believed in, its seen as a place to work out negative karma, not a place of eternal suffering - from what I remember, at least....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The argument for Christianity, every other religion says you'll go to heaven if you follow the simple principals of the bible. Maybe it's not called the bible but every religion has the same message of be a good person here is how. Except Christianity which says yeah do that but only as a product of following Jesus. So if you go with Christianity you're covered in the other religions as well.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't believe any religion is 100% correct! I also don't believe that any religion is 100% wrong. You simply have to do what is best for you and know that when the time comes for answers you will have them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Go science!

writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• There is no ONE TRUE PATH, we must each find our OWN TRUE PATH.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't think we will be judge for some thing we can not truly know. I also think most religions are very similar so maybe they are all right or maybe none I think we will be judge for who we are not what we believe. Just search your heart and find where you FEEL you belong.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2010