What would be a good dinner for Easter?

including the sides.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• We've always had kind of a "potluck" at my mom's - she makes the ham, rolls, and macaroni and cheese casserole and everyone else brings two sides. I'm bringing a huge tossed salad, deviled eggs, and strawberry pie.
    I have 3 brothers and one sister - between us we have 13 kids under 13, so it's a crowd when we get together!

Answer by missanc at 10:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We're doing hotdogs, chips, dips, and snacks. We are try avoid anyone having to spend the day in the kitchen so we can all enjoy the day together. Last year we had sandwiches, and it was much less stressful for all the women than a traditional meal.

In the past we'd have ham, beans, rolls, deviled eggs, green beens with new potatoes, and whatever casseroles any visiting relatives might decide to bring. We always do appetizer trays with veggies, dips, cheese, pickles, etc. We usually do strawberry shortcake for dessert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm throwing dinner....and prepare pretty much everything the day before. Its the holidays....dinner's a huge part of that. but then everyone in the family gets in the kitchen to help.

Pork roast
    roast veggies and potatoes
    homemade macaroni and cheese
    green bean casserole
    green salad

relish tray (olives, pickles, beets)

buns and biscuits

dessert is pound cake with strawberries, blueberries whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.

there are 18 people coming.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My big family goes all out. We all help with the cooking and it's alot of fun. Here's what we always have....every year...without fail.

ham
    turkey and gravy
    mashed potatoes
    corn
    green beans
    baked macaroni and cheese
    sweet potatoes
    potato salad
    deviled eggs
    rolls

chocolate cake with sea foam icing
    pina colada coconut cake
    no bake cookies

We LOVE to eat! Bet ya guessed that, hu?

Happy Easter!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We're doing:

Ham (cooked in the crock pot with my own special glaze)
    Twice Baked potatoes
    Corn on the cob
    Brussels sprouts
    homemade dinner rolls
    Jello jigglers in Easter shapes
    Lemon Bars

it's just my family this year (me, DH and the 3 kids) but we always go all out for Easter dinner.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't know about the rest of the dinner but it's sweet potato biscuits or bust!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2010