What kind of eggs do you use to hide from the kids?

Do you use the old traditional way boil your eggs then dye them...we use to
but now that I am a mother I just buy lots of plastic eggs and fill them up with candy or money... What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I remember my mom telling me she would hide the dyed eggs and forget where she put a few. Obviously they would make themselves know eventually. So with my kids I hide plastic.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We dye eggs just for the fun of it, but we use the plastic ones filled with candy to hide.

Answer by missanc at 10:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We dye eggs, but I hide plastic ones. The dyed ones stay in the fridge except to go on the centerpiece during dinner, then they turn into eggsalad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We dye eggs and use those for hiding too. My son loves to help with the dyeing. I cannot stand the plastic ones and have no interest in loading my kids up on candy. There is very little candy in the Easter baskets we put together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I dye them the old fashioned way with the kids. I also dye brown eggs, the colors are great, especially red. I also do a prize egg by blowing the yolk out of one of the eggs and slip a 5 dollar bill in it. I must admit that I HATE plastic eggs with a passion. Once I brought mine to an easter egg hunt and the mom refused to allow them to be hidden with the other eggs......I thought she was rude, and she thought I was rude for bringing real eggs, LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I hide both real and plastic eggs. Mostly plastic.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• we use plastic eggs filled with candy or stickers
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We hide plastic in the house for them to find Easter morning and the real ones we hide ouside after dinner. It's a great bonding time for uncles and grandpas with the kids!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• For his first hunt we did real eggs and they were so smashed up by the time he collected them all that we have done plastic ever since. We hide candy and coins in the eggs. can't do tht with real eggs.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I use my own eggs. They NEVER find them. Because I hide the microscope too. And if they don't find the eggs, they don't get the candy, I do. Them's the breaks.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 2:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2010