Checklist for C-section birth??

I am having a scheduled C-section in a few weeks and Im trying to get my bag ready for the hospital stay...I went online for one of those "Hospital check lists" and they all focus a lot on the things you'll need for labor (which I obviously wont need) I was just wondering what are some of the necessities I will need/want for after the C-section? Like is a gown better than pajama pants since it wont rub on my incision? What kind of underwear are the most comfortable? Just things like that. Thanks! :)

Luv.My.Soldier

Asked by Luv.My.Soldier at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wanted really big underwear after my csection - I went and bought a pack of 6 Hanes cotton briefs in a size larger than I normally wear and they were large enough to come up over my incision. I definitely did not want ANYTHING on top of my incision! They are not attractive, but they did the trick for a couple weeks until I healed enough to be comfortable. I didn't bring pajamas - just wore what the hospital supplied, although I did bring some bedroom slippers. I wasn't allowed to wear any makeup, lotion, etc before the csection, so I wanted some of my basics (tinted moisturizer and mascara!) shortly after recovery.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 1.Big comfy shirts 2-3(depending if you bleed on then)
    2.Super comfy Sweats
    3.BIG ol granny panties unless you wanna wear the hospital ones.They will give you pads BUT YOU NEED some at home(big ones)
    4.slipper socks
    5.YOUR OWN PILLOW and blankey
    For baby
    Few nightgowns and maybe a couple hats.The nursery will do most of the dressing and changing.IF they offer to take the baby at night allow it.So you can sleep.Bring chargers!I sent my husband home to get mine lol.
    You should also call the hospital and get a tour.They can tell you what they do and what you will need
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If you don't want to wear a hospital gown the whole time, I suggest buying some PJ's...but make sure they won't be too tight in the abdominal area (your stomach may still be swollen if you have maternity pj's, that might work). Slippers were nice to have too, especially after the first day when they want you to walk a little. When I left the hospital, I asked if they could send extra mesh panties home with me because I found those to be more comfortable than any of my own and if they get messed up somehow, it didn't matter. Bring something comfy that wont bother your tummy to wear home. I brought yoga pants with the roll down waistband. You will still bleed a little from your vagina even those you didn't give birth from there. You may want to get some extra long pads. The ones they supply in the hospital are as thick as diapers and pretty uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 6.00 A Pair Hanes Sweat pants. The Newer style Womens ones have the Extra Wide band at the top and are a Hipster style. If they get messed up Junk em. I am getting a Few pairs of Dark Colors. Brown and Black and some Nursing Tanks. That Should Just about Due.
    yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 4:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010