Between 1.6 and 2.8 million teens run away in a year.....

Who is to blame?
Why do you think they run away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im sure each case is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was a run away when I was younger. I ran away because my father was mean and abusive. I am sure each case is different.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 11:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• my sister used to run away - because she was just a rotten selfish teen who just was rebeling.. she needed more structure and my mom was a single mom doing the best she could and didn't have consistant discipline.. but we were loved, she was just a rebelious teen.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• many run from abuse they are the ones who stay gone. other run becdaue they "love" someone there parent disapprove of. and finally the ones who are selfish brats who run to manipulate and theya re the ones who come home quickly
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 11:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i agree with mom2snsb... all of those reasons along with mental illness of the parent or the kid. i dont think we can say one side of the fence is always to blame.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I ran away at 15 because I didn't like my mom...that's it, couldn't stand her rules or what she had to say, but also she didn't raise me...I went to live with her when I was 11 and by 15 I had already left...I got pregnant at 16 and had to learn about life the rough way. I agree each case is different, now as an adult and a mother I wish I would have just listened to my mom and gone to school and had kids when I was able to financially take care of them. I don't regret my son one bit, he has been the biggest inspiration in my life, but I could have given him a better life than what he had when we struggled.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010