Doctor's visit

My son went to the doctor for his 9 month check-up and the doctor said he did not need any shots on this visit. Is that normal? I could not question the doctor because his god mother took him and we are both new at this.

rlmaye

Asked by rlmaye at 11:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No shots at 9 months on the "regular schedule"... I highly suggest you look into the schedule your doctor uses and which vaccines your child is being given when. You should know about the diseases he's being vaccinated for, as well. Be informed! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No shots at 9 months. There will be some at 12 months, don't remember 15 months, and then my doc doesn't do more after that until 4 yrs, though I think there may be some where the range is 2-4 yrs, so your doc may do them earlier, or if there are some you need to catch up on they may do them then. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i think you need to look at your shoot record my 2 year old was sick and the doctor told us at his 9 month visit you can have 3 months leway on shoots as long as he hasnt missed any shoots he will be fine they will give him the shoots at his next visit im sure i wouldnt stress it!!!
    Anonymous

• I believe that if the baby has gotten has his shots during previous check ups not shots are needed at 9 months...which reminds me i have to schedule my LO's appt..he will be 9 months on the 11th...time flies!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• that's normal - my daughter didn't get any at 9 months either ...
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 9 months is a developmental visit typically and not one for shots.
    Anonymous