Almost 37 weeks pregnant and have a couple of questions.....

I will be 37 weeks this saturday and I know exactly how far along I am because we underwent ferlitliy treamtement to have this baby but I have been getting this relly strange feeling in my back like a tingling feeling and everyonce in a while my stomach will start contracting a little or atleast thats my guess but it will travel from around the middle of my stomach to my vagina and get more painful as it goes down. Last time we checked this past Monday I was already dialated at a 2 and effaced somewhat he said I was still alittle thick. Can any one help me as to what you think is happening or if this has ever happend to you. Also should I give my doctor a call and see what he has to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• might just be how your body feels contractions
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If you are concerned, I'd call your doctor. It sounds like your body is probably just getting ready to go into labor, but it could be more. Your doctor may want you to come in and check you out since you said the pain does get worse ...
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i had the same problem your probly getting braxton hicks or even contractions i wouldnt call your doctor till they get regular look for bleeding and make sure your baby is moving if you dont feel your baby 4 time a hour call your doctor asap i bet you will have your baby any day now!!!! just rest and have a great labor
    Anonymous

• you will dialate slowly at first, which is good. what you are feeling is probably contractions that are dialating your cervix. until they become regular and close together there is not really anything to worry about. but if anything feels "wrong" you should call your doctor. i was dialated for 3 weeks and was at a 4 and fully effaced before i went into labor, and it was still a very long labor, 36 hrs, 2 hrs of pushing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• sounds like contractions to me! i wouldn't worry until they're only 5 or 6 minutes apart
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 3:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• to me it sounds like early labor. that can go on for a few weeks though. some women don't feel anything like this until the day their child is born, but others feel it for like the last month. my mom was like that with me, contractions here and there for a month before i was born :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2010