Sick 2 yr old need more advice

My daughter woke up this morning throwing up and with diareeha(SP). Its been less then 3 hours since she wokr up 7AM PST and she's thrown up 3 times and and 2 bad diapers. She's usually potty trained but she cant hold it in so I put a diaper on her. She has throw up her breakfast as well. I'm going to be giving her plenty of clear liquids but I'm confussed on what I should give her to eat till she feels better. She had ceral and fruit for breakfast but that went up so I gave her some saltines. Any advice on what else I can give her to eat so she doesnt feast on saltines all day? I thought about the clear liquid diet but not sure. She's never been this sick before. Oh and she doesnt have a fever.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can give her All Natural Chicken Broth heated up.
    You can also try some dry toast.
    Try to stay away from dairy products as that can collect the mucus and cause congestion. Which will only make things worse.
    Make sure to give her orange juice to help get her some viatimin C.
    If you have pedialite give her that, as it helps to keep her from dehydrating.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i would take her to the dr.
    Anonymous

• Call her ped. If she does not have one or your ped cannot see her call your nearest emergency room and ask to speak to a nurse. Go through your daughters symtoms with a nurse there and they may be able to tell you wether to wait it out or bring her in.

But definitely speak to a professional.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• cant, husband took the car and wont be back till past 4 and cant leave work, we have no neighbors that can take us either tried that already, no family around as well...Military life sucks that way....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• chicken broth and toast is diffently the way to go. She will throw up anything she eats so just give her little amounts and if she does not quit with in 24 hours then call the doc. I agree with all the other food recemindations from above.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No way would I give here OJ. Tht is just nasy coming back up. Do the toast and broth with the saltines. My mom always gave me warm gingerale and I do the same with my girls... Feel better little one ...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 3:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Applesauce might be ok, too. And water, little sips at a time, because there is nothing worse than trying to throw up when you have an empty stomach. I think you're ok on not getting to the doctor today, she probably just has a bug, but watch for signs of lethargy or other red flags that she is more than just sick with the stomach flu. Good luck- I think this is almost as bad for the parents as the kids!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree with the ladies.I always give my kids just chicken broth and warm ginger ale.Try to find Canada Dry Ginger Ale it seemed to work best for my 7 kids.You can also see if she can drink a little 7up or Sprite but make sure its a little flat to much of the carbonation isn't to good.
    killeennana09

Answer by killeennana09 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2010