39 weeks pregnant & bloody discharge?

I'm a little over 39 weeks pregnant, so we've just been waiting on when our new little guy to arrive, but i'm not sure if this could be it. this morning, after using the bathroom, i noticed some discharge with a bit of blood. it's not much, but the blood is definitely there. my water didn't break & i'm not having any contractions. i'm not sure if this could have caused it, but i was intimate with my husband last night before i slept. should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is normal to have some bleeding either after sex or an internal examination when you get close to delivery since your cervix is thinning. It may also be your mucus plug that you are losing. I would not be worried, but if you feel more comfortable call your midwife or OB/GYN. Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• my water did not break when i started to bleed but i felt my contractions not to much though.. it may be your lucky day...good luck i wouldnt worry but if you do get any more concerned just call your doctor for reassurance... congrats
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Sounds like the mucus plug is working itself out. You'll soon be a new mama! :)
    Well, keep in mind that for some people, they lose thier plugs little by little a few weeks before they even have the baby. For me, I lost my mucus plau then delivered in like 30 minutes...and no, my water didn't break, the doctor had to break it. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well, look at it this way, at 39+ weeks, you are going to have a baby soon no matter what.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010