Does anyone else actually do this?

Today is the second day of my spring cleaning. I go all out when I say spring cleaning I mean it, I clean every room one peice of furniture at a time, all our clothes, including blankets, Shampoo carpets and furniture reorganize closets and cabinets, Does anyone else do this or is it just me? None of my friends do spring cleaning, one of my friends even told me " I just did my spring cleaning, I got the fast food wrappers off my floor." For some reason that disgusted me, any garbage I make is thrown away right away. I was just wondering if I am obsessive or if other people do this.

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 2:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Ummm no. I did vacuum though. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I go all out too!
    Anonymous

• i do i try and clean every little thing if i have the chance i love to clean it relaxes me i toss out all old foods bad clothes i evern go out side and get the yard cars and patio cleaned it makes me feel so good about my home and myself sad thing is its still snowing and raining up here!!!! i havent got to start yet
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 2:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• lol...well honestly there was no spring cleaning in my home, with 4 kids i HAVE to go and sort through thier clothes every few months just to keep up on my garage saling when i buy clothes for them, i shampooed my furniture when it was summer so i could air dry my cushions but i still had to shampoo when i could cause i got dogs. i had to go through my closets just to make room...but it never revolved around the spring...maybe my yard did...have to wait till the snow melts to pick up the trash and do landscaping
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• When I get to cleaning I am pretty obsessive about it. I just don't do it very often. When I do spring cleaning I dust every square inch of every piece of furniture I have. Dust is a big thing for me. I have seasonal and dust allergies so I want at least one of those issues taken care of to keep my allergy issues to a minimum.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I am glad to know i am not the only one. I am waiting for the snow and rain to stop so I can get the yard and shed done. I am cleaning the car when I am done with the kitchen.
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I keep house cleaned the whole year. If a closet is messy it gets cleaned right away etc. I clean under my furniture etc. everytime I vacuum. I'd rather just keep up on it then do it all at once!
    Anonymous

• LOL I agree Anon I would love to maintain that but my husband is the joker to my batman of cleanliness, He seems to hate organization and will mess with me by purposely putting my books or dvds out of order, I like things alphabetical and he will do it to see how long it takes me to see it i keep up the vac and dusting etc, but shampooing organization, and downsizing (getting rid of things we no longer use) all happens in spring for me ^_^
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 3:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• it seems like i am always pregnant or breastfeeding, so no, i don't go all out. i also have 4 kids, so even if i do go all out, you would never be able to tell. i did wash all the windows pretty well...two days later there were tiny handprints all over them :) i did dust / wash some furniture with Qtips, and got those corners really well.
    oh...i just read to be sure to throw out all expired baking mixes, the yeast can grow mold spores that can make people very ill...so cakes, pancake mixes etc.
    my pantry is too small to keep things like that around, but i thought i would share!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I live in the South and right now it is POLLEN season and we open our windows because the weather is beautiful. So I clean in early summer after the pollen count is lowered.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2010