Where can i get a good baby food grinder?

I don't have a food processor or anything. There's NO way I'm buying that gerber garbage when I can do it myself and know just what's in it!

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 2:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In all honesty, I just used a blender.
    Anonymous

• He just choked on the cooked carrots I mashed up with a fork. :(
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• GET a food processor. That way, you can use it for other things. If you don't want to get one, I believe Babies R Us has the baby food grinders.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I had a $10.00 little food processor. Never had a grinder. My son wasn't a choker though. He went from puree at 6 months to eating a whole burger holding it and all at 9.5 months, so, I haven't a clue. The little processors work really qwell though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i agree just use a blender u just may end up with more. or u could do a hand mixer and just make it really smooth
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If he is choking he probably isn't ready for solids. You don't want to add too much water and letting baby feed himself is better than spoon feeding. It is actually easier to swallow something that is thick than something runny.

Carrots usually aren't that well liked by infants and sweet potatoes are easy to make, mash with a fork, and are recommended at the first solid. Just put about a tablespoon in front of the baby and let him feed himself.

The Gerber jar food actually doesn't have gargage in it. It is over priced, watered down, tastes awful, bad for the environment, and must be spoon fed. They took the garbage out years ago. The cereal, puffs, and other baby food have lots of chemicals in them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We use our magic bullet. We also have an old tiny food processor that my MIL gave us. It's super old and she had two and I commented on them and she was like, take one.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The Magic Bullet works great, and you can use it for other food things too
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 12:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2010