O-M-G

my bf texted me earlier and told me someone stole his lunch, then it supposedly turned into this huge ordeal where they are now saying he stole an energy drink from the marine base and is now being held as a civilian prisoner...i think it's all an elaborate april fools joke, he even had his mom call me...if it's all just a joke, what can i do to get him back? if it's not, holy crap, there goes my day :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would go with it's an April fools joke that his mom could or couldn't be in on... idk, if he's telling the truth, just say you picked the 1 day out of 365 to have something crazy happen. lol, he'll understand if it's real... but i seriously think this is a pretty good April fools! lol good luck!
    Anonymous

• i would text him back and say all your furniture is stolen or your house got robbed and your now chatting with the police. if he was held as a prisoner...would they let him have a phone?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It's a joke. Military can't arrest a civilian and hold them, especially not over a drink. Call him an ask him what he would like for his last meal.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The next time he calls, stay calm when he insists he is in jail and then say "So you don't mind if your best friend and I get together?"
    Anonymous

• Or "damn... I was kinda planning a special meal for us tonight. I have something to tell you..." either I'm pregnant, I'm leaving you for your best friend (male or female), or you wrecked the car... something along those lines.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Call his commanding officer, lol. That would be the only way to know for sure, but that's if he isn't in on it, lol. I really hope it is a big joke!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• OP-that asshole, i knew it was a joke! he called me and said he was being transferred to the jail. i knew he was joking, but i was seriously irritated because he was carrying it on so long, so when he said that i told him it was bullshit because i'd have to miss school, and he said he couldn't believe that i was worried about missing school when he was getting locked up, and right when he was done, i heard his car coming up the road, asshole! but i did get some nice flowers out of the deal :) i think i might pull the whole 'i'm pregnant bit' just saying that that's why i was so irritated with him because i have something really serious to tell him, and he'll believe it because i missed my pill 2 days in a row, ah ha ha...but, i'm going to carry this one out!
    Anonymous