how much did you or would spend on a wedding dress?

my fiance and i seem to disagree on some things and i want to see what others did...

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got my dress on sale for 500 was originally 1200 with dress veil corset and krinlin
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 3:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't want to spend alot but that is because I am poor! I definitely would not go over $200. I'm a simple kind of gal.
    Anonymous

• $99.00... off the rack. It was beautiful!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I think it was around $500. But I would look at your over all budget first. You might find that food, flowers, or invites are more important ot you. Or you might find that the dress is the most important and spend more there.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• mine was 750. It was stupid, I wore it once. But now I have some cute curtains!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• lol $70 at mariposa.... it wasn't an actual wedding dress, just white with blue flowers and because I was pregnant, DH was leaving for bootcamp so we had 3 days to plan a wedding. Worked out beautifully!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 99 British pounds for the dress.  With veil, underskirt and shoes the total was 200 pounds but that was also almost 22 years ago, so I'm sure prices have risen since then.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I spent $25. It was on clearance, and it wasn't a real wedding dress. It was a formal dress, light yellow. I would've felt like a douche bag if I'd worn white considering I was seven months pregnant.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i got a prom dress from jc penney for $80. it is still pretty. we got married in a courthouse.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I think that if you have found "THE" dress, you should buy it, and adjust the budget accordingly. I never found "the" dress, so I bought one that I liked for under a grand.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010