Would you support a law prohibiting people from coming to your home to preach about religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely. I would support a law prohibiting anyone uninvited to come to my home to try to sell me their products, religion, or politics. And I wish it would extend to the phone as well. I'm sick of political calls!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• nah, I think those people are kinda interesting.. but if you don't want them there, just simply ask them to leave and shut the door.
    Anonymous

• Yes with the exception of my asking them to. That would be unfair if some one wants them then they should be aloud, but going door to door not right.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Then can we pass a law to keep sales people from going door to door?
    Anonymous

• good question, i think that they should be able to stand on a corner and let ppl come to them but i hate when they knock on my door and they always know im home bc one of the kids will scream or something lol!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No. It doesn't happen enough to me to really care and I am all for freedom of expression. Some people honestly believe that if they don't preach their religion they will go to hell. I feel sorry for those people, but I don't get annoyed by them enough to want to stop it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Personally, no, I wouldn't. As annoying as they are, it's their religion and they have the freedom to be annoying as long as it doesn't turn into harassment. As long as I can tell them, "No, I don't want your religion," and they go away, I can deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, one thing is freedom of religion and the other one is creating havoc.

Answer by older at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Oh yes, I have had the same ladies come to my house on several occasions, and they always come at my sons nap time. I have asked them several times to quit coming to my house but they just wont stop.

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 3:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2010