Would you support a bill prohibiting people from...

Preaching on street corners and in front of public buildings? Or causing serious disruption? I ask this because I just heard my friend got in an accident, because the preaching people stepped out in front of her to get her attention about the end of days, and she swerved, and hit a car. She is ok just really really ticked off.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• wtf.. that's a bit extreme for those preachers to step in front of a moving vehicle. maybe he meant it was HIS end of days... how stupid. i hope she can sue them or that this particular ministry will foot the bill or offer some kind of compensation for the accident they caused. i'm glad your friend is okay.
    Anonymous

• yes,I would
    Anonymous

• Yes I would, given the circumstances.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Defenitely, disruptions are a no no!

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• TOTALLY!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• No its freedom of speech. However stepping out in front of traffic is reckless and dangerous so there should be charges filed against the people causing the problem.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• YES...every Spring/summer a large anti-abortion group gathers at a busy intersection we have to use often and hold up VERY graphic signs. Unfortunately, it is totally legal, I understand supporting your cause, but can't they do it in a less offensive way?
    Anonymous

• I would for the street corners and all that. If they were causing a disruption to the flow of traffic.
    As long as they stay away from my car, I really don't care.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Nope, they have the RIGHT given to them by the CONSTITUTION. If this was started it would give the govt a foot in the door to tell everyone what they can say when they can say it and how loud they can say anything. Frankly I like my freedom.
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 3:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree with RyansMom.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2010