I sent in my Census back,today I got another one do I just throw it away?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• there are 2 censuses, 1 for federal and 1 for state. If you are sure its the same one you already did than i would toss it.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• They never said 2 Census so where is that coming from.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I Agree LOL I never heard about 2 of them!
    Call the number on it and ask them. That would be your best bet.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• The second census is a state by state thing, and it's the one that is NOT required...it'll ask you things like how many bathrooms you have, how many miles do you travel for work, the square footage of your home, etc. THOSE are the questions some of us object to filling out...NOT because we have anything to hide--that information is already public record, and my township has all of our permits on file from all of the home improvements we've done--but because the federal government doesn't NEED to know these things, if, in fact, they simply want to count heads!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I haven't even gotten one yet, I wonder what the hold up is.
    Anonymous

• Today was the deadline to send it in. I haven't sent mine either but will do it tomorrow. If i get another one (they will send another) I'll just toss it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Anon... maybe you claimed to be anonymous one to many times. You now do not exist. LOLOLOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Are you sure the second one is the census form and not the ACS (American Community Survey)? The ACS is sent out year round and has similar questions to the census, but more detail.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If you toss it, and they didn't get the one you sent in, all that will happen is a friendly Census worker will come to your house and ask you the questions in person. If you throw it away, if you loose it, if it gets lost in the mail - you'll be on a list and someone will come and make sure that you are counted. :) (Someone like me! You're friendly neighborhood Census worker!)
    Anonymous