What do you think of this motrin ad that seems to take a crack at babywearing?

http://www.wellsphere.com/green-living-article/babywearing-isn-t-painful-the-power-of-motrin-moms/505530

I know a lot of moms were offended by this. I found it to be such a relief! I'm a natural-birthing, stay-at-home, vegetarian, hopefully soon to be cloth diapering.... I tried babywearing and it was so uncomfortable and impractical. I know, I know, just keep trying, right? I got so tired of being told to try a different kind when they're ridiculously expensive and I don't have time to make one. I got tired of being made to feel like I wasn't treating my baby right because I wasn't wearing him. Having said that, I still ADMIRE AND ENVY MOMS WHO CAN DO IT, I just don't appreciate the idea that EVERYONE MUST do it.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 4:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought it was cute! I tried the sling once but dd hated it! She wouldn't stop crying and she hated being swaddled anyways... I agree, there is nothing that is for everyone and this is one of those!!! Just so you know, you're not alone!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I think it's each moms choice.

I didn't find the commercial offensive.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I love that commercial!!!! It's so funny in a cheeky sort of way! And I totally agree with you. What I don't understand is this whole mentality of judging what other mothers do, don't do and can't do and calling them bad parents over some times the smallest of things. Like not wearing or not being able to wear your baby.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i thought it was a super cute and slightly funny commercial.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• thought it was true until I got a wrap.....then I think people need to keep an open mind.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Well, how are people offended? the commercial said it was a good thing for her kid. I couldn't do it because it hurt too much. I don't think "everyone" should do it. "Everyone" has their own idea on how to raise their child.

Anyone see "Away We Go"? This reminds me of the mom who didn't like strollers: "I love my children, why would I want to push them away?"
    Anonymous

• PP: LOL! I haven't seen "away we go" but I remember that line from the preview. SO true! I tend to be reactionary against baby wearing because it seemed to be the cure-all every time I was having challenges coping with a high-maintenance baby. But like I said before, I really do think it's great that some moms do it and it works for them.

OP
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2010