does green tea really help you loose weight?

have any of you tried it... i need to loose like 10-15 pounds and need some help with ideas... i heard green tea helps out

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's LOSE, only 1 "O". And no, unless you're replacing other drinks that are sugar-laden with it.
    Anonymous

• opps my bad lose* i suck at typing today
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It helps if you eat less and exercise more. LOL
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Not if you still have a bunch of other conflicting habits.

Stop soda, eat smaller portions, don't eat after 10, work out..... and some green tea... You'll loose weight. Burn more calories than you eat, you'll loose weight.

There's simply no magic to it. Unfortunately..

Green tea will help if you're doing other things right though.

Good luck.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Actually yes, it helps. Green tea helps as a natural appetite suppressant. I started drinking it when we moved to Japan (it is their drink of choice) I drink it unsweetened as do the Japanese and you can drink it cold/hot/ room temp. At first I didn't like it but I had no choice but to get used to it. LOL It's definitely and acquired taste. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• It is healthy for you yes, I love green tea. Best bet tho would be to eat normal servings of food, ( not what a serving is known as these days) eat more raw fruits and veggies. Veggies are much healthier for you raw. Eat less pastas and eat slow. If you eat slow and stop when you feel satisfied then y the time the signals get to your mind you will be full. Don't eat junk food. When you get munchies eat some carrots or an apple. Good luck hun!

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It's certainly a lot better than soda or other overly sweet, high fructose corn syrupy drinks. I chose to drink that over other things so yea, it does help you lose weight. Cutting soda, artificial sweeteners and other bad foods out of you diet will always help.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 7:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2010