Little red bumps on stomach and back (20 month old) !!

I noticed tiny little red bumps on my sons stomach, sides & back earlier today and I have taken his temp twice now and he won't stay still long enough for it to beep but it gets to 99.4. He has no other symptoms and I wanted to see if they went away and they haven't. I think the Peds office is now closed and I don't think its a case for the ER..

Anyone know what it could be and if I should be worried?

I havent changed my laundry detergent, he hasn't eaten anything different or rolled around on anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son gets the same thing and he has been for a few months my doctor said it was from allergies ...so he might be sensitive to something in the house ... launry detergent, shampoo, soap, animals or just normal allergies from dust and stuff i wouldnt be worried unless he seems bothered by it... my son had a little fever because he was also teething
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It sounds like allergies to me... dd was getting a rash on her butt, then oneday she had those little bumps all up and down her back, butt, legs and stomach! I took her right to the ped and she said it's an allergic reaction. While eating these foods they might be fine, but pooping or peeing might trigger a reaction which is what happened to dd! And she was fine for months prior, we still don't know what it is, but think it's milk (she was lactose sensitive as a baby). They can develop allergies too and my ped said the most common food allergies with this type of reaction is milk or wheat, sometimes strawberries, peanuts and eggs. hope he feels better too!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Could be allergies- they may itch or spread-allergies can develop at any point in your life. Could also be heat rash- has he been warm or sweaty?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• could be heat rash....eczema...or just allergies
    Anonymous

• when my 14 month old's seasonal allergies act up he get's these....i just though tit was him! glad to knowit's not...
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010