Organized Religion?!?!

I was raised a christian but now that I am older and have done research on all sorts of religions I no longer believe in organized religion. I love and believe in God but not organized religion because our God is suppose to be loving and forgiving, so how could God punish all these people who follow other religions or praise other God's be seen as sinful because they did not know? I also feel that organized religion is just a system for getting people to act and behave the way some people want them to. I know everyone and every religion in chrisitianity interprets the bible differently...so...how could all these followers of different religions be so wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel the same way you do...

It's like the quote: Anne Lamott: "You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• OP I agree 100% that's why I am not part of organised religion. By technicality though you are still a Christian just a non denominational I believe, that's the right word
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree.  Religion is all about control!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Did you know God is not for organized religion???

Let ya'll think about that one :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Organised religion is a man made term and therefore not biblical. (Sorry but my letter that makes some words spelled correctly is broken so I use "s" instead) Now there is a such thing as church government which has always been God's order from the old testament to the birth of the Church. ( The Acts 2 Church) This church has order and a system that allows the body of Christ to operate according to each spiritual gift. Without government and order the body of Christ will be in chaos and no one will benefit for their spiritual growth. I believe that the problem with people today which contribute to religion confusion is that we spend way too much time studying religion than the actual the Word of God itself. When we do this we will find out that the bible is a collection of history and letters to help us in the continuation of the true church of God.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Maybe its just the organized religions your researched. Continue your research.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• So our understanding as JW's is prior to the rejection of the Jewish nation and the end of its position as the congregation of God, Jesus Christ identified himself as the “rock-mass” upon which he would build what he termed “my congregation.” (Mt 16:18) This is as Peter, to whom he spoke, understood matters, for the apostle later identified Jesus as the figurative “stone” that was rejected by men but was “chosen, precious, with God” and as the “foundation cornerstone” on which a person could rest his faith without disappointment. (1Pe 2:4-6; Ps 118:22; Isa 28:16) Paul also definitely identified Jesus Christ as the foundation upon which the Christian congregation is built. (Eph 2:19-22; 1Co 3:11) And, belonging to Jehovah as it does, it is appropriately referred to as “the congregation of God.”—Ac 20:28; Ga 1:13.
    It was Organized
    CONT.....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• and is Similar to the activities in the synagogues of later Jewish history included the reading and teaching of the Scriptures, the offering of prayers, and the giving of praise to God. Such features were carried over into places of Christian assembly, though without the ritualistic accretions that had eventually developed in synagogue services. In the synagogue no sacerdotal class was set apart. Comparably, no clergy-laity or similar division existed within the early Christian congregation. The maintaining of proper order at meetings of the Christian congregation of God harmonized with the fact that Jehovah, who made provision for the congregational arrangement among Christ’s followers, is a “God, not of disorder, but of peace.” I see this orderliness has worked to the great spiritual benefit of all in attendance at our Kingdom Halls.—1Co 14:26-35, 40
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• In organized religion there are many benefit, like community, fellowship, friends are made.  Not all churches, or denominations,  are the same.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I actually feel the same way you do. I believe all religions offer a way to understand and relate to God - in their various ways. I believe He created us all different, with different spiritual needs, and the different religions cater to those different needs. No one religion can be right for everyone - I think He cares more that all religions try to cultivate "fruits of the spirit", such as love, compassion, wisdom, etc. IMO, its about cultivating spirituality more than it is about calling yourself the right thing or "believing" the right thing. I think any search for Him or connection to Him is valid, that He recognizes and appreciates any sort of attempt or devotion on our part, regardless of what label we give it. And I believe that trying to limit His love or His ability to inspire to one faith does Him - the all powerful God - a huge injustice and disservice...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2010