Another gem comes out from the healthcare bill?

Seems Obamacare had $30,ooo,ooo,ooo (thats BILLION) in medicaid costs hidden in it.

The federal government already has the “Doc Fix,” an annual shortfall of about $20 billion that must be paid to maintain current payment rates to physicians under Medicare.

Now, it looks like President Obama’s health-care bill created another funding cliff, costing an additional $5.5 billion or so each year.

Critics say the costs were hidden from view in the $940 billion health-care bill to lower the price tag by about $30 billion, and also as a way to gain the support of doctors and hospitals without angering governors.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/01/obama-health-bill-hid-30-billion-in-medicaid-costs-critics-say/#ixzz0jsypX7c4

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• As former me medical biller I can tell you that medicaid pays nothing compare to private insurances. Why doesn't anybody believe that the Health Care Reform Bill will drain us.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea why. It seems pretty obvious from the get-go to me.
    Anonymous

• You're right, this is a gem! And I'm not the least bit surprised.......well, just that it took a week for it to come out.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Can't wait for more neat things to come out.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• So the snowball effect is starting. What's next?
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 6:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I think there are lots more surprises to come!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• OOPS!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Awww, well you know, It's All Good!     jaw drop We are so up the creek w/o a paddle!!!

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It's only begun... Politicians = Death of common sense in America.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• A major reason cited to prove the need for health care reform was that uninsured people go to the emergency room, hospitals don't get paid for that service, and taxpayer money foots the bill.

TODAY begins a 20% CUT of the gov't rate for doctors. I'm not clear whether this was a 20% cut to the already low gov't payments for MedicARE patients (the elderly), or MedicAID patients (the poor).

I didn't clearly catch whether it was Medicare or Medicaid - or both. But since payments doctors receive for these patients are already MUCH lower than normal, many doctors are already struggling to pay their bills if they have very many gov't patients filling their waiting rooms and taking the places of patients who pay their way.

This further reduction will force even more doctors to refuse to handle the burdensome paperwork and underpayments of gov't-supported patients.

So, EVEN MORE patients will be forced into: THE EMERGENCY ROOMS !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2010