baby size

so i was 6 lbs when i was born (full term)....i'm skinny and in fantastic shape....should my daughter be around the same size?.....my dh and little brother were both 9 lbs babies but they are male so i figured that didn't count since i'm having a girl...also i don't have gd...i'm 6 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i'd say you're due for a 10 pounder this time.

no way to tell
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i was 7 1/4 my brother was 7 1/2 my hubbys mom never had a baby bigger then 7lbs she's had 6 babies and my son was 9 1/2 lbs so i guess ull just have to wait
    Anonymous

• My mom was 4'10" and weighed 88 lbs when she got pregnant. I weighed 8 lbs and 14 oz and was 23in at birth. I am 5'2" and was 155 when I got pregnant. My son was 7lbs 8 oz and 19in.

My point, there is no way to tell.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Baby size depend on your and your husband's build. In a healthy pregnancy, a woman should not grow a baby that is bigger than she can birth. That doesn't mean with an epidural on your back but by being able to move around and squat. Squatting opens up your pelvis and makes more room for a baby's head.

I'm 5'2" and weighed around 105 before babies. My full term pregnancies were 6 lb 6 oz and 7 lb 6 oz. What is strange is I weighed over 9 pounds and my mom chain smoked and drank all pregnancy. She says it was a good thing because if she would have quit then I would have never fit out. How do you argue with that kind of reasoning?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i was a 9 lb baby my son was 8.2
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• if i'm anything like my mom though...my next child will be larger. After me they just kept getting bigger.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Your personaly size does NOT matter in what size your baby will be. " fantastic" shape or not makes no difference.
    My best friend is 5 ft 2 and 90 lbs works out daily and her child was 9 lbs.
    I am 5 ft 9 and around 160 work out, weightlift everything and my first was 8 lbs 14 oz and my second was a week early and weighted 8 lbs 9 oz.
    If you had a 10 lbs baby somewhere in your family it is possible for your child to be that big. It is genetics. That means your WHOLE family line not just you or your SO.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• yeah...also i have a guy i work with that was born a preemie and says he only weighed 2.5 lbs and now ways over 300 lbs.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was 5 lbs 12 oz and six weeks early. I'm very average as an adult ( a skinny kid) and my daughters were 8-1 and 9-1. Number three is on the way and wondering her size, too.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• no way to tell. i was almost 9 lbs, dh was about 7, and dd was 7.5.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2010