How do I get on that no call list I hear about?

DH and I just just got new cell phone service this week and are already getting lots of ad calls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• https://www.donotcall.gov/

Know that only certain people go by that list. Collections and other personal business does not.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It only works for sales calls. All the non-profits can still call you. It is hardly worth it. We add our name every year but our phone still rings all night.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Non-Profits should not be calling you either. It goes for any solicitation calls!!!

However, if you request information and include your phone number you are giving the business or lead company not only the permission to call you but also for them to sell your information to like companies to call you as well...

And of course companies where you already have a membership of some kind already have the right to call you. Credit Card, Utility, Mortgage Companies and Banks - even when offering new or different plans than what you have, have the right to call you regardless. But telemarketing or solicitation calls other than those whom you have given permission to, are not permitted to call for any reason. It will cut the calls dramatically!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• take my advice it don't work!! I put myself on there a million times I stopped getting the talk to the telemarketer calls but now I get tons and tons of automated calls drives me craZy
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• donotcall.gov, but it's a joke...we still get tons of solicitations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2010