How old were you when you needed bifocals?

I'm twenty and haven't worn glasses in three years and I was just prescribed bifocals. haha Took me by surprise. I wanted to ask if it was an April fool's joke, but I see so much better!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was in 3rd grade and needed them. I wore them for a couple years and now I just need reading glasses. Eye Dr said it was mainly because of my astigmatism to why I need them now.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Around 45
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 45 :(
    But I like the way they blend it in with the lens...no line :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• OP here

I am using medicaid (due to my pregnancy) and so I can't get the progressive no line lens. I'm going to just be styling the bifocals in my twenties!! :D
    Anonymous

• Your pregnant? That may be what is wrong then. You may end up not needing them at all after the pregnancy :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• After the pregnancy I'll go back and get checked again if the glasses still aren't up to par. It is so nice being able to see again though. No matter how silly I look.
    Anonymous

• Well good luck LOL I hope you wont need them after the pregnancy LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was in my early 40's.  i got the invisible ones first and hated them.  Now I have proper bifocals with transitional lenses and I love them. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 49
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I was in my early 40s and was told by the optometrist that most people in their 40s will find that their eyes change significantly. If they never wore glasses, chances are they will in their 40s. Same goes with bifocals. I got the invisible line and had my lens reduced (I'm near-sighted and refuse to wear coca cola bottle lenses) LOL. I love my glasses and contact lenses.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010